APFANEWS

Resettlement to be halted (Resettlement)

Published on Dec 09 2008 // Main News
Damak, December 09: International Organization of Migration (IOM) said the resettlement process would be halted for nearly about two weeks during the Christmas and New Year celebrations said Ujyalo Network quoting David Derthick, the chief of IOM in Damak. 
According to the IOM in Damak, the works for resettlement will be halted from December 19. However, he did not mention when the work will resume.
The data as of Novermber 25 shows that 7,220 exiled Bhutanese have been resettled so far –6,776 in the US, 266 in Australia, 129 in New Zealand, 19 in Norway, 17 in the Netherlands and 13 in Denmark. 
Those expressing interest for resettlement has also reached 60,000. Bhutan News Service
 
Share